NATURAL DRIED SEAMOSS
INGREDIENTS: Dried Sea Moss
PREPARATION FOR IRISH MOSS
1. Soak the dried sea moss for 1 hour or even overnight
2. Wash thoroughly with a spoon of lime juice
3. Next, fill a pot with 2 quarts of fresh water
4. Add clean Sea Moss and bring pot to a boil
5. Once boiling, cover and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes
6. The dried sea moss will soften and water will thicken
7. Remove heat and allow the solution to cool
8. Eat at least a spoon full per day preferably for breakfast
Sea moss is a species of red algae that grows near the coast line in rocky areas of the Atlantic coast. In it’s natural state, color varies between brownish purple to greenish yellow. Below we have listed and explained our top ten reasons why you should be consuming sea moss regularly.
1) Promotes regular thyroid function- The thyroid is a gland found in the neck below the adams apple. This gland secretes hormones known as triiodothyronine (T3) and Thyroxine (T4). These hormones are known as T3 and T4 based on the atoms of iodine per molecule. T3= 3 iodine atoms per molecule, T4= 4 iodine atoms per molecule. These hormones have effects on the majority of the body's tissues and increase BMR (basal metabolic rate). Here are just a few examples of what the thyroid is responsible for: Increases blood flow by directly increasing the rate and strength of the heartbeat.
Increases the growth rate of the developing brain cells in the fetus.
Increases the growth rate of young children.
Plays a major roll in thought patterns, sexual function, and sleep.
Regulates central and peripheral nervous system function.
Regulates menstrual cycle.
Controls cholesterol levels.
The most common cause of thyroid abnormalities is iodine deficiency. Iodine is one of the many minerals found abundantly in sea moss. By consuming sea moss regularly, you are directly feeding the thyroid.
2) Improves metabolism- What we refer to as our metabolism is really the process of chemical transformation that occurs within our cells. After food is consumed, our metabolism is responsible for 3 functions. Converting food into energy for cellular functions
Converting food into building and recovery elements for cells
Discarding waste after enough food has been processed for the above mentioned conversions
3) Improves circulation- Filters out germs and other bacteria during blood circulation
4) Boosts immune function- Sea moss is known to have antiviral, antibacterial, anticoagulant, and antimicrobial properties.
5) Promotes digestive regularity- sea moss is known to ease many digestive issues such as indigestion, gastritis, ulcers, and constipation. It is said due to the jelly- like consistency of sea moss, it can provide relief to all inflamed mucus membranes by coating the intestinal wall and at the same time pulling toxins out of the body.
6) Suppresses appetite- Sea moss is a great appetite suppressant due to its high concentration of minerals and its nutrient density. Most of us experience the uncomfortable sensations in our stomach when we have not consumed anything for a period of time. This discomfort may be coupled with weakness and cravings. This is the feeling that we know as hunger. Today we have many companies that create products to assist in the regulation and suppression of this hunger. Do your due diligence in researching what works best for you should you go that route. However, for the people that are looking to suppress their appetite in a more natural and healthier way, sea moss should be considered. When you process sea moss into gel form, it is easy to add as an ingredient with other foods and drinks. Due to its jelly-like consistency, when sea moss is consumed it passes through the intestines and soothes any inflammation as well as remove any toxins. Sea moss consumed regularly will help to eliminate cravings and as a result, bring the body back to its natural weight based on your level of activity And nutrition.
7) Promotes healthy sexual function- Due to the generous amount of zinc and other minerals that are vital for reproductive function and health, sea moss is great for anyone who desires an increased sex drive. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, sea moss promotes circulation throughout the entire body especially our reproductive organs. For male readers who are experiencing difficulty with sex related drive, stamina, erection, and other abnormalities, then you should consider consuming sea moss regularly. For female readers who are experiencing a lack in desire, painful sexual experience due to dryness, feminine irritation, and anything else related to this particular topic, then a regular dose of sea moss may improve this situation.
8) Rich in vitamins and minerals- Sea moss is loaded with nutrients that are vital to the human body such as bromine, sulfur, calcium, iodine, magnesium, phosphorus, manganese, potassium, beta-carotene, selenium, protein, pectin, zinc, vitamin-C and B-vitamins just to name a few.
9) Recovery- Sea moss provides relief from muscle and joint pain. Whether you are a professional athlete, fitness enthusiast, or perform any kind of heavy lifting at work, sea moss can help replace the minerals that you deplete the body of when performing these activities.
10) Skin- Used topically as a skin and hair toner and nourisher.
aside from internal consumption, sea moss can be applied directly to the skin. It works great on sunburn, dermatitis, psoriasis, and eczema. The best application we have discovered is what we call “The Sea Moss Soak”. To perform this soak you simply fill up your bath tub with water and add the sea moss gel.
Seamoss is a great appetite suppressant, it possesses a potent expectorant effect that induces the coughing up of accumulated phlegm in the respiratory passages which help soothe the dry and irritated #MucusMembranes that ease the symptoms of a chronic cough. Seamoss also helps with gastritis and urinary infections of all kinds and can also be used as a topical remedy and applied externally on the body which brings soothing relief to inflamed skin and eases the symptoms of inflammation disorders. Seamoss is also particularly effective in the removal of blood clots due its blood thinning capabilities and also has been prepared in dishes in the maintenance diets prescribed to patients afflicted by diabetes.
Sea Moss contains important minerals such as potassium, iron, zinc, iodine, phosphates, lots of calcium, magnesium and bromides. Sea Moss is also beneficial towards varicose veins, proper kidney function, heart health, healing ulcers, insomnia, colds, respiratory issues,healthy skin, obesity, dissolving fats, removing radiation from the body and can be a meal replacement for those who are fasting. Fast with Sea Moss, drink Sea Moss to heal the body at a cellular level.
Seamoss has principally been used in speeding the recuperation time of patients affected by prolonged debilitating illnesses, specifically but not limited to herpes, tuberculosis and #Pneumonia. The recovery of complete health can definitely be facilitated and boosted through this do it all #SeaVegetable.
RAW Sea Moss has 92 of the 102 minerals our bodies are made of.
Sea Moss is a source of potassium chloride, a nutrient which helps to dissolve catarrhs (inflammation and phlegm in the mucous membranes), which cause congestion. It contains compounds which act as a natural antimicrobial and antiviral agents, helping to boost immunity and get rid of any infections.
Sea Moss is abundant in minerals including being a powerhouse in calcium.
Much more calcium than milk.
Having joint pains? Sea Moss is what you need.
Inflammation? Sea Moss.
Excellent at expelling mucus.
Sea Moss is good for so much more as well. Sea moss can be taken every day in replacement of synthetic vitamins.
Rich in magnesium, potassium, zinc, selenium, vitamins a, b, c, d, e, k.